Clark Dark with Entertainment News
Clark Dark here with the latest entertainment news...
- First up the funniest man in America has died. Richard Pryor dead at age 65 from a heart attack.
- Rchard Pryor hosted the Academy Awards as a co-host...once in 1977 along with Jane Fonda, Ellen Burstyn, and Warren Beatty; then again in 1983 in the company of Liza Minnelli, Dudley Moore, and Walter Matthau.
- In related news...It seems comedian Chris Rock ,who hosted the ceremonies solo this year, will not be back to perform the same duties at next year's motion picture extravaganza. No explanation why.
Perhaps his caustic remarks suggesting filmmakers should wait for better talent instead of rushing bad movies into theaters may not have been well received by some Academy members.
"You want Tom Cruise and all you can get is Jude Law. Wait," Rock joked. "You want Russell Crowe and all you can get is Colin Farrell? Wait. `Alexander' is not `Gladiator.'"He also made fun of himself.
"You want Denzel (Washington) and all you can get is me? Wait."Rock's comments prompted Sean Penn, when he took the stage later, to defend Law as "one of our finest actors." We now know Sean doesn't have a sense of humor. Maybe he just didn't get the joke!
- Matt Damon got married to his sweetie, girlfriend the former Luciana Bozan in a private ceremony Friday in New York City, so said his publicist. No Ben Affleck and Jennifer Gardner were not in attendance. Damon and Affleck, who are renown as best buds, won a best screenwriting Oscar for 1997's "Good Will Hunting."
- What's this the Simpson sisters in the news again? First Ashlee Simpson reports her sister, Jessica Simpson, is not constantly watching media coverage of the break-up of her marriage to Nick Lachey. Yes folks the couple, a pair of mediocre singers whose mid-level music careers were turned into Hollywood superstardom by celebrating their marriage in television reality show and tv specials, are calling it quits after months of persistent breakup rumors. More, if you care later.
- Somewhere floating in cyberspace is video captured by a customer at a Toronto McDonald's where Jessica Simpson's sister, Ashlee was acting out in a drunken stupor. Simpson, who was touring in the nation to our north, had been seen earlier in the evening imbibing at a popular local Canadian watering hole. Finally she was spotted on the counter at the local McD's performing as a drunk.