Clark Dark's Celebrity Round-Up
Here's Clark's report-news from the world of entertainment.
- People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) has issued its own "worst-dressed" list — based on fur, not style. Number one on the list is Paris Hilton . Hilton has been named 2005's worst-dressed celebrity by the animal rights group. PETA cites the hotel heiress/reality TV star for wearing fur coats.
- Speaking of Paris... her former best bud, Nicole Richie announced she and and her fiance, Adam Goldstein,have called off their nine-month engagement. Guess that means the reported tiff between the Hilton sisters has come to an end, too. Despite the feud between Paris and Nicole, Nicky Hilton-sister of Paris, who apparently doesn't know blood is thicker than water, agreed to be a bridesmaid in Richie's now cancelled wedding.
- Call this item: "I love Jessica Simpson....really..I do....honest!" Jessica Simpson needs to start taking shots to boost her buttocks, according to rapper Ludacris, now self-proclaimed "booty expert". Simpson, who recently split from her husband Nick Lachey, made no secret of working hard on boosting her buttocks for her role in the recent Dukes of Hazzard movie, but Ludacris is not impressed by her efforts. The rapper told MTV's TRL, "Jessica Simpson is flawless except for one thing -I would get her a bunch of little butt shots. She needs the injections in the behind." Adding, "Okay, I take it back, she need a new man for Christmas. I'm a Jessica Simpson fan, don't take it the wrong way at all."
- Lou Rawls has sold more than 40 million albums and won three Grammys during a career spanning more than four decades. His hits include "Lean on Me" and "You'll Never Find Another Love Like Mine." Lou Rawls is being treated for lung cancer. According to recent testimony given by his estranged wife in an annulment hearing, Rawls was diagnosed with brain cancer in May. The 70 year old singer is said to be trying to annul his two-year marriage in an attempt to protect hundreds of thousands of dollars of assets he says his wife has taken without his authorization. More later.
- All this talk of broken marriages and broken engagements leads at least one celebrity to say, "I have no wedding plans." That's what the beautiful Beyonce Knowles said in response to the question posed over the weekend about her rumored plans to marry music mogul/rapper Shawn Carter while she introduced her newest signature fragrance. Knowles will be featured in the February release of the remake of comedy classic "The Pink Panther," co-starring Steve Martin and Kevin Kline. Sometime in 2006, Beyonce will star in "Dreamgirls", a screen adaptation of the Broadway-musical smash inspired by the triumphs and tragedies of The Supremes.